stereotype? Everyday life and customs

Do you have stereotypes about people of your country?

Edit by Vqs88_C3H6O .

\(^o^)/~

Edit by Vqs88_C3H6O .

Yay

Edit by Luan .

My stereotype about China: all bloody communist-imperialists, who hate the west! Is this stereotype enough? - Why are you asking about stereotypes? Speak to the foreigners, then you will see, they are normal people like you and me…only with another language, another food, ecc….stereotypes are for „blind“ people!

My stereotype about China: all bloody communist-imperialists, who hate the west! Is this stereotype enough? - Why are you asking about stereotypes? Speak to the foreigners, then you will see, they are normal people like you and me…only with another language, another food, ecc….stereotypes are for „blind“ people!
I'm sorry that my words may have caused a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to ridicule the Germans. I also knew that not all Germans were serious and cruel. I agree with you that all people are equal, and stereotypes are very stupid, which is why it is also necessary to exchange stereotypes, because it can remove our misunderstanding of each other. Your impression of us is indeed based on facts. Most Chinese people do not like the West and its so-called democracy because the West often interferes in our internal affairs in the name of democracy. About China's bloody rule... I think you said the Great Leap Forward, the Cultural Revolution and the chaos in the early days of reform and opening up in the last century. The young people all agree that the time was really hard to look back on. The new leadership team of the Party is trying to make the rule of law and fairness deeply rooted in the hearts of the people to prevent the chaos from happening again. However, despite this, there are also people who are dissatisfied with the overly strict governance in China.

Maybe you are right, Vqs88_C3H6O. Maybe it can also be a playful and prosper thing to talk about stereotypes. But then you should have asked: "Do you have stereotypes about people of your country?" That is in my opinion a far better approach to that topic, cause otherwise it is quite easy to fuel hate ( especially in the internet, where people can easily go anonym and offend others.) An other thing is that through our german history, I have a problem with getting to much into stereotypes, cause in this country, and I think that is maybe one of the worst examples (but still happens everywhere to some extent), people were labelled and killed because of what the superior group thought of them. We still try to learn out of these inmoral actions. So, to start: I think germans are soccer addicted, beer drinking, fast laughing and in a weired way creative people.

Maybe you are right, Vqs88_C3H6O. Maybe it can also be a playful and prosper thing to talk about stereotypes. But then you should have asked: "Do you have stereotypes about people of your country?" That is in my opinion a far better approach to that topic, cause otherwise it is quite easy to fuel hate ( especially in the internet, where people can easily go anonym and offend others.) An other thing is that through our german history, I have a problem with getting to much into stereotypes, cause in this country, and I think that is maybe one of the worst examples (but still happens everywhere to some extent), people were labelled and killed because of what the superior group thought of them. We still try to learn out of these inmoral actions. So, to start: I think germans are soccer addicted, beer drinking, fast laughing and in a weired way creative people.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have changed the question. I'm sorry if I offended you

A certain group of people who hate the USA typically say we are a hegemonic and imperialistic nation. They say we are the cause of all problems in the world and we as tourists are lazy and rude. If we were gone the world would only have the tail end left to wag after cutting off the head of economic order and cooperation.

A certain group of people who hate the USA typically say we are a hegemonic and imperialistic nation. They say we are the cause of all problems in the world and we as tourists are lazy and rude. If we were gone the world would only have the tail end left to wag after cutting off the head of economic order and cooperation.

Dialectically, the United States, as the most powerful hegemonic country in the world, is not in contradiction to the fact that the United States is the world's most technologically advanced and developed country. We have no reason to hope that the United States will disappear from the world, because it is an important part of economic globalization; But there is no reason not to dislike the hegemonic actions of the United States, such as the invasion of Syria and the bombing of the Yugoslav Federation.Unfortunately, some people only see some hegemonic actions of the United States, but they do not realize that the United States also plays an important role in the world. It's a shame.

Edit by Vqs88_C3H6O .

Well, that's partially true. The country loses its hegemony, but is an imperialistic nation like some others (France, China, Russia... you almost always turn imperialist when you have the mean to). US, in my opinion, also is a source of many problems, not all, but many.

As for tourists, well, yes, US people are noisy and rude for many of them. That's a stereotype, yes, but that's also what can be seen. They are no worse than Chineses tourists though, and English tourists are very annoying as well among others.
That doesn't mean that all Americans, English, Chineses are that bad, for not all of them can afford to travel for instance.

I'd also argue that there is no smoke without fire, so saying that people are all equal and stereotypes are stupids is a bit too much for me. I consider that if they are not true, there often is a part of true lying behind the cliché.
On my part, I will just consider stereotypes as "true", but will try not to stay entitled to it and modify or get rid of it with new pieces of informations. I find it better workign for me than pretending that I don't have a stereotypes, like thinking that Germans loves potatoes and sauerkraut.

True. Everybody has stereotypes of others, but I think you can actively decide if you want to make them lead a new interaction or if you want to really get to know a person. When you live in a city it is maybe also sometimes impossible not to work with your stereotypes of others. It protects you in some way and builds a wall which is necessery to survive in a bigger city.