What's a typical dish from your country? Everyday life and customs

If you have a recipe, please! Would love to cook/bake it!

I'll start, it's called stamppot.
Ingredients:
2 lbs potatoes (900g)
1 lb butternut squash (500g) or 1 lb buttercup squash (500g)
1⁄2 lb sweet potatoes (250g) or 1/2 lb yam (250g)
3 large carrots
2 large parsnips
1 large turnip
1 large leek
1 onion
1 lb savoy cabbage (or use green cabbage, kale, Swiss Chard, silverbeet or collards)
1⁄2 cup butter (or less to taste)
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 1⁄2 lbs dutch sausage, such as Rookworst (or other spicy sausage such as Spanish Chorizo)

Directions:
Prepare the vegetables: Peel and roughly chop the potato, Butternut squash (pumpkin), sweet potato/yam, carrots, parsnips and turnip. Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash any grit from the leek and cabbage, then slice both fairly finely.
Place the chopped vegetables in a large stock pot, and add water to barely cover. Place over heat, cover, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, around 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rookworst as per the instructions on the wrap, or saute the chorizo, or other spicy saudage you choose, in a little oil. Slice, then keep warm.
Drain the vegetables well, then mash - but not too smoothly - some lumps are good 😉 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the butter, and mix through (use less than 1/2 cup if you prefer). If desired, stir through the chopped parsley.
Serve the stamppot topped with the sliced sausage, and if you are really decadent, with an extra knob of butter!

Hachis parmentier: smashed potatoes with mensed meat
Brandade de morue: the same but with cod imstead of meat

Ohh thanks! Going to write it down

Hi, I´m from Colombia and here a typical dish it´s called "Bandeja Paisa", basically it is a dish with beans, rice, avocado, sweet plantain, pork rind and chorizo. It is delicious.

hello! this is a typical dish from campania, my region, and it’s called frittatine di pasta (pasta fritters). they’re delicious but if you’re going to make them, be careful! you won’t be able to stop!
here’s the recipe in english: https://www.giallozafferano.com/recipes/Neapolitan-pasta-fritters.html

take some wheat flour, add water and then mix the dough properly till it is a paste sort, now make flat circles of it. Use a pan to cook the bread and when it becomes like a balloon it's cooked and ready to eat (advice: use a non stick pan, but if that is not available add clarified butter or butter to the pan before cooking.)You can eat the bread (roti) with anything and you can make roti really fast like my mother makes 9 of them for dinner or lunch.

Polish bigos!
There are plenty of various polish dishes but tbh bigos is my favourite.

sauerkraut and meat stew (bigos)

ingredients:
1.5 kg of sauerkraut
3 sausages
2 onions
100 g of bacon
200 g of beef steak
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of marjoram
allspice
salt
black pepper

preparations:
- rinse sauerkraut with water and remove the water
- shred sauerkraut, put it in a large pot with bay leaves and allspice, add hot water
- stew until it's soft
- sautée onions, add chopped sausages, fry
- to a pot with boiling water add beef and bacon (chopped in cubes), cook for 20 minutes
- add meat, onions and sausage to sauerkraut
- add marjoram, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce
- mix the ingredients
cook for an hour on a low flame

Ohhh I'm gonna try the bigos!

https://www.antilliaans-eten.nl/en/recepten/arepa-di-pampuna-pompoen-pannenkoeken/ - from Curaçao

I have not tried this recipe to be honest, but my aunt makes them well 😛
This one is for pumpkin pancakes, but rice pancakes are also really good. It reminds me of Sunday mornings, I used to wake up and the whole house was smelling sweet

Ohhh sounds good! Will try to make them!

Frogs and Snails.

Something to bake:
(Please be careful - there are hazelnuts in it, so some people may have allergic reactions!)

Ingredients:
100 gr. ground almonds
100 gr. ground hazelnuts
500 gr. flour
150 gr. white sugar
2 pinches of salt
400 gr. butter
4 egg yolks
250 gr. vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon of icing sugar

--> mix all of the ingredients above until you have a ball of dough
--> divide the "big ball" into smaller pieces (e.g. 20 or 30, the smaller the little balls are, the smaller your "Kipferl" will be)
--> place a little ball infront of you and gently run your flat palm back and forth across them until it looks like a short string/cord
--> form your string into the shape of a horseshoe and place it on your baking tray. Repeat until the baking tray is full/ you have no more dough left.

--> bake for 10 minutes at 190°C
--> roll in icing sugar again a few minutes after you take them out of the oven again. The sugar will stick to the surface of the "Kipferl" and will make them extra tasty.

Tastes great with black or green tea and coffee.
-------
I know it is a lot of sugar in there but my family loves sweet tasting things. So I always make the kipferl so sweet for them. You can always adjust the amount of sugar to your liking, recipe should still work.
Hope you did not already know the "Kipferl" and enjoy making them as much as I do🙂

P.S. please feel free to correct my grammar/spelling mistakes or suggest better words to use to express the things I wanted to say. Always glad to get the opportunity to improve my english🙂

P.P.S.: your stamppot recipe sounds great, will definitely try it out 🤗

@velma Oh wow sounds amazing!!! Good luck with the stamppot, if you need help with it, send me a message!

I'll start, it's called stamppot.
Ingredients:
2 lbs potatoes (900g)
1 lb butternut squash (500g) or 1 lb buttercup squash (500g)
1⁄2 lb sweet potatoes (250g) or 1/2 lb yam (250g)
3 large carrots
2 large parsnips
1 large turnip
1 large leek
1 onion
1 lb savoy cabbage (or use green cabbage, kale, Swiss Chard, silverbeet or collards)
1⁄2 cup butter (or less to taste)
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 1⁄2 lbs dutch sausage, such as Rookworst (or other spicy sausage such as Spanish Chorizo)

Directions:
Prepare the vegetables: Peel and roughly chop the potato, Butternut squash (pumpkin), sweet potato/yam, carrots, parsnips and turnip. Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash any grit from the leek and cabbage, then slice both fairly finely.
Place the chopped vegetables in a large stock pot, and add water to barely cover. Place over heat, cover, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, around 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rookworst as per the instructions on the wrap, or saute the chorizo, or other spicy saudage you choose, in a little oil. Slice, then keep warm.
Drain the vegetables well, then mash - but not too smoothly - some lumps are good 😉 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the butter, and mix through (use less than 1/2 cup if you prefer). If desired, stir through the chopped parsley.
Serve the stamppot topped with the sliced sausage, and if you are really decadent, with an extra knob of butter!

I miss stamppot so much!
I lived in the Netherlands for 4 years and I made it very often back then
I even have my own version lol. since im a veggie, i leave out the meat. sometimes i put curry powder or paprika powder.
I put a lot of kale and chillie and it kept me warm 🙂

Yeahh stamppot is amazing! Sounds like a good version!!