Does art need color? Everyday life and customs

I think :No
Like Michelangelo's David sculpture,No color but Show the beauty of the human body.

In my opinion, no. We could think that because there is no colour, there is no beauty but beauty is not necessarily colourful and art not necessarily beautiful (eg. Fountain by Marcel Duchamps) . There are so many black and white masterpieces like photographs,paintings, sculptures etc.
Furthermore, if we think of different kinds of art such as poetry or dance, there is no colour in it (except if you wear colourful clothes) and it is still art 😉

So black and white is a kind of beauty, and sometimes the beauty of black and white is better than the beauty of color. The black-and-white film Roman Holiday (Audrey Hepburn), imagine that if it is a color film, it will lose some of its classic beauty and will obliterate the classic romantic atmosphere. The Parthenon in Athens has no color, but it gives a pure feeling, and it reflects the blue Mediterranean Sea. This is a unique Romance in Greece, but if the Parthenon is colorful, you can imagine What kind of picture will this be?

In my opinion, no. We could think that because there is no colour, there is no beauty but beauty is not necessarily colourful and art not necessarily beautiful (eg. Fountain by Marcel Duchamps) . There are so many black and white masterpieces like photographs,paintings, sculptures etc.
Furthermore, if we think of different kinds of art such as poetry or dance, there is no colour in it (except if you wear colourful clothes) and it is still art 😉

No from me. I also drew pencil drawing. I like pencil drawing.

Art means variety in emotions and perspectives. Art is to break lines of reality in most cases. In art, colors are the key to infinity behind the door of human sight. Blue is not just blue or red is not just red for example. There are vast amount shades for each color. These options give the artist freedom which is the basebone of art. Art is not just a reflection of beauty, art is the reflection of what ever exists in nature, both abstract and physichal. Therefore colors are simply shortcuts to human emotions. Remember the movie "Schindler's List" and the "red coated girl" scenes. That tiny color game in a black and movie, gave a striking, shaking effect in the scenes. So, colors are needed both in life and art.

Art means variety in emotions and perspectives. Art is to break lines of reality in most cases. In art, colors are the key to infinity behind the door of human sight. Blue is not just blue or red is not just red for example. There are vast amount shades for each color. These options give the artist freedom which is the basebone of art. Art is not just a reflection of beauty, art is the reflection of what ever exists in nature, both abstract and physichal. Therefore colors are simply shortcuts to human emotions. Remember the movie "Schindler's List" and the "red coated girl" scenes. That tiny color game in a black and movie, gave a striking, shaking effect in the scenes. So, colors are needed both in life and art.
Hi! Thank you for your reply!
Schindler's List, good example. I remember there was a girl in red in the movie,and produced a sharp contrast with black and white. That is art,that is very wonder!

Of course not. Many photographies loose their magic if you only imagine them coulored.

Hello Mr Kosminski-Lee, if you are talking about painting, photoraphing or even sculptring, the answer is gray hh, it depends on the subject itself and the artist's moods, perceptions and styles in relation to that subject. Visual Art can be inspiring with just two colors like black and white for example (have a look at Ansel Adame's black and white photography work, it's amizingly Raw), but in the other hand multi-color art can be also vividly mindblowing,and the examples are more than many to list, colorful art makes you glance the world with it's true colors through the Artist's Eye,Time and Effort. You can say that the Artist gives color a meaning by catching it and merging it in a piece of his passion,so color for the artist (whether it's one color or many ones) represente a vessel that deleveres his message to his audiance, so keep creating my friend, I hope I helped and good luck.

Only if you want it to.

Art don't need colour. But I think it come to art automatically. I have a theory Why.
What is colour. It is fixed one. you can't say blue is like red. So it is fixed. In science word it is a constant. 😃 So what I think is when someone doing the Art greatly He become a colour to art. Specific Colour. don't you guys agree with me?

Color in art can sometimes tell the viewer what the artist was feeling in the moment he or she was creating it but sometimes no color can also show emotions or help the viewer look at the piece for what it is instead of focusing on the color that's in it

In Japan "green" traffic lights appear bluish to the rest of the world. I have seen a green "teal" in the same catalogue as a blue "teal". PaintShopPro allows you to see three digit numbers for colours - genuine white is 255, 255, 255 from memory!

Remember the dress that broke the internet? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

I had a straight friend who bought a lovely grey leather sofa, only to discover from friends that the salesman had lied and offloaded a pink sofa that was not selling. Remember one in ten men are colour blind!

I agree that it doesn't need color.

I feel like colour can influence deeply someone's view of the piece of art in question. A specific choice of colour(s) can make you feel a certain way, colour theory is so important! However, a lack of colour doesn't represent a lack of expressiveness. 🙂

I'm wondering if older people might be more accepting of black, white and grey art because we grew up with black and white television and black and white photography. I know I used to see a lot more black and white photography before digital photography became more prominent.

Hi Kosminski!
In my point of view, no. As a student learning art in university, my professor taught me to draw or sketch with pencils and inks, in another word, without any coloring material.

of course no 🙂