School System Politics and governments

https://youtu.be/dqTTojTija8
Earlier today, i watched this video. And every single word that person said in the video was TRUE. i always feel like school is a waste of time and it is a prison/factory combined together. it gave me loads of anxiety and depression and made me feel like my grades are me and i’m my grades.
My words were proved when online school started and i actually had time to explore my interests and finding the true meaning of life. although schools are open now, i don’t go school. i don’t ever want to go to school.
Watch this video and tell me your opinion on it.

true.I don't like school.everyone is measured by score and I don't think I'm the sort of burned to learn dude

I think it all comes back to lack of adequate government funding of public schools. If every teacher is teaching classes of minimum 30 students in an hour long lesson it is impossible for them to teach us as individuals. And school is such a formative part of our lives but it’s engrained as a means to an end to continue our capitalist system. The government treats it as a means to end and it should be more than that but issues for schools seem to be so often ignored by governments. A while ago my teachers went on a strike and as of now nothing has changed.

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite when I critique the school system though because tbh my happiness is almost entirely based on my grades… at the times ur doing well it’s easy to forget the issues u have with the system

How bad school system wouldnt be, better go to school. Because how do You want to find good job or proffesion without education? You think someone will give You good job because You learned something from internet? How do You want to find place in good or even not so good university, if You don't go to school?

Or maybe You are sure that You can build company with things You will learn via internet?

Of course, schools are not perfect, and its far from teaching only things important in life, but our society is built on some structures, and one of those is: You need education to continue higher education. The further and older You will be, the more smart You will be, and You will be able to make some choices and focus on things You take as important, avoiding things that are less important and boring, without harm.

But skipping the school isn't any good.

How bad school system wouldnt be, better go to school. Because how do You want to find good job or proffesion without education? You think someone will give You good job because You learned something from internet? How do You want to find place in good or even not so good university, if You don't go to school?

Or maybe You are sure that You can build company with things You will learn via internet?

Of course, schools are not perfect, and its far from teaching only things important in life, but our society is built on some structures, and one of those is: You need education to continue higher education. The further and older You will be, the more smart You will be, and You will be able to make some choices and focus on things You take as important, avoiding things that are less important and boring, without harm.

hmmm yeah ,i get what u mean. but,would u be happy if ur personality and everything else are all measured by the score u get at school?Would u be happy to study for days and night,sleeping for 5 hours,studying more than 12 hours everyday?

hmmm yeah ,i get what u mean. but,would u be happy if ur personality and everything else are all measured by the score u get at school?Would u be happy to study for days and night,sleeping for 5 hours,studying more than 12 hours everyday?

No, I would'nt be. I think there is something like "minimum". And in the earlier schools we are not able to make such decisions on our own, because often that's our parents, who tell us what score should satisfy them, and how much we should be studying. Not everyone feels motivated to act like this, and I would'nt say its reasonable to spend all the time on studying, because we are learning different things in different ways, not only by reading books and solving the excercises given to us by teachers.

For sure, schools measurements are not reliable, and it doesn't define us.

I don't know how it works in Your country, maybe You really need to have high grades since primary school to have chances for good education or career in later time, but here, in my country, the most important are high school and universities.

And usually it looks different since then, because You are more able to decide for Yourself and You are more aware of other things, like what You want to focus on and etc.

No, I would'nt be. I think there is something like "minimum". And in the earlier schools we are not able to make such decisions on our own, because often that's our parents, who tell us what score should satisfy them, and how much we should be studying. Not everyone feels motivated to act like this, and I would'nt say its reasonable to spend all the time on studying, because we are learning different things in different ways, not only by reading books and solving the excercises given to us by teachers.

I don't know how it works in Your country, maybe You really need to have high grades since primary school to have chances for good education or career in later time, but here, in my country, the most important are high school and universities.

And usually it looks different since then, because You are more able to decide for Yourself and You are more aware of other things, like what You want to focus on and etc.

Earlier today, i watched this video. And every single word that person said in the video was TRUE. i always feel like school is a waste of time and it is a prison/factory combined together. it gave me loads of anxiety and depression and made me feel like my grades are me and i’m my grades.
My words were proved when online school started and i actually had time to explore my interests and finding the true meaning of life. although schools are open now, i don’t go school. i don’t ever want to go to school.
School is the only place that protects you from this society and this world because you are young. Not everyone thinks of you like your parents do. All people face problems daily and do not talk about them and think that they are fine.

School is the only place that protects you from this society and this world because you are young. Not everyone thinks of you like your parents do. All people face problems daily and do not talk about them and think that they are fine.
but do u even know how our parents think of us?they think we are useless and they just want to switch a child!Our parents love us?yes,they love our grade and the hounour we bring to them when we are good..Atleast i dont trust my parents.

It is trash

We all have to go to school to get an education.
No one really likes school, but we need an education to live or lives in a world that is changing all the time.

but do u even know how our parents think of us?they think we are useless and they just want to switch a child!Our parents love us?yes,they love our grade and the hounour we bring to them when we are good..Atleast i dont trust my parents.

Even I in the past I was thinking like you or more. And I reached my dream during that period, which is to stop studying and after a lot of suffering with life. Now I pay money for learning English only one hour of learning equals working a whole day in the sun. At school education was free and I didn't care. You do not have to make a decision at this age. A father who hates his family emigrates, and if he stays in front of you, he gives you all he can

Even I in the past I was thinking like you or more. And I reached my dream during that period, which is to stop studying and after a lot of suffering with life. Now I pay money for learning English only one hour of learning equals working a whole day in the sun. At school education was free and I didn't care. You do not have to make a decision at this age. A father who hates his family emigrates, and if he stays in front of you, he gives you all he can
uhhh my dad don't live with me

my school is realy bad

If you feel like your grades define who you are, then the problem most likely isn't school but you. Never did I feel like my grades was part of me and, on the contrary, I've rather tried to calculate how much do I need to work to keep slacking at school/do something I feel more interested in.

Now, school systems often have issues, but blaming them isn't fair either for we are in an are of mass education and who says mass education says standardization/patterns. Hence, it's "adapted to most of people" in the sense that most of people can go through it and get to the learning goals.
What I mean here is that you can't ask from school to adapt to every one of us and to teach us individually following the best path possible for it's logistically impossible...

I don't know if this is true in Poland, but it seems very much what has been told to every millenials and it is very much of a fable. School/university gives no better job, at least in the West, than a """small""" diploma...
Hopefully, the dream still lives on in Poland, but in a country like France, this is absolutely not the case anymore and you are rather wasting your time to be unemployed/in burnout earning less money than some other jobs.

Plus education at school and universities don't teach your to be intellectually independent anymore for most of them... Which is kinda funny in supposed democracies.

If you feel like your grades define who you are, then the problem most likely isn't school but you. Never did I feel like my grades was part of me and, on the contrary, I've rather tried to calculate how much do I need to work to keep slacking at school/do something I feel more interested in.

Now, school systems often have issues, but blaming them isn't fair either for we are in an are of mass education and who says mass education says standardization/patterns. Hence, it's "adapted to most of people" in the sense that most of people can go through it and get to the learning goals.
What I mean here is that you can't ask from school to adapt to every one of us and to teach us individually following the best path possible for it's logistically impossible...

I don't know if this is true in Poland, but it seems very much what has been told to every millenials and it is very much of a fable. School/university gives no better job, at least in the West, than a """small""" diploma...
Hopefully, the dream still lives on in Poland, but in a country like France, this is absolutely not the case anymore and you are rather wasting your time to be unemployed/in burnout earning less money than some other jobs.

Plus education at school and universities don't teach your to be intellectually independent anymore for most of them... Which is kinda funny in supposed democracies.

What I meant, was: of course school will not give You better job. But It will give You oportunity to get better job. Because sometimes (Yes, I talk about how it looks like in Poland) You can rank up in current job just because of paper, but You can also (and I think we all agree it should be standard) just get knowledge, skills and some qualifications to get job in good company, or institute or build Your own business, or just pursue Your path in what You likes.

Sure, at the end all depends of the person. If You have no passion or other factors, or Your mind is not opened enough, it will be a problem. And not every specialization is equal. But we can say this about everything. I didn't say that You automatically get better job after studies. No. In Poland we also have mass production of graduate of students, and diplom itself means not much if owner isn't good enough.

https://youtu.be/wFqQm1541aA

What I meant, was: of course school will not give You better job. But It will give You oportunity to get better job. Because sometimes (Yes, I talk about how it looks like in Poland) You can rank up in current job just because of paper, but You can also (and I think we all agree it should be standard) just get knowledge, skills and some qualifications to get job in good company, or institute or build Your own business, or just pursue Your path in what You likes.

Sure, at the end all depends of the person. If You have no passion or other factors, or Your mind is not opened enough, it will be a problem. And not every specialization is equal. But we can say this about everything. I didn't say that You automatically get better job after studies. No. In Poland we also have mass production of graduate of students, and diplom itself means not much if owner isn't good enough.

It can eventually give opportunities, but I think it depends where and how. In France, the system evolved in such a way that you could define it as a fabric of stupid people because it goes worse and worse to the point people are unable to write or speak proper French anymore, let alone knwoing basic maths...

Hence, here, what will matter the most isn't your grade or what you know, but your networks and the school you are coming from... The potential of many talented people is already wasted when you have a standardized education, but the one here is wasting even more future skillfull people due to these "flaws" (which aren't, because it's unfortunately something planned).

School is not a park for fun and games, you learn, you have to put up with it. The professor is much more tired than you. He doesn't tell you his daily problems