Do you like "bad ending" movies ? Films, music, TV

I always used to watch movies with a good ending... But recently I watched a movie that didn't end very well... It wasn't unpleasant actually, but I must admit I felt very weird after this "bad ending" movie...

What do you think about "bad ending" movies ? Do you like it ? Do you watch it often ?

It really depends on how bad the ending is, it can have a bad ending but also badly written and it's total garbage or have a bad ending that you say "wow, totally unexpected but interesting"

Would this be different from a twist ending?
I think the bad ending is like anything in movies. it can be done well or done poorly.
Giving examples should probably come with a spoiler alert.
I can think of a few that I really liked. The most famous one I can think of is Planet of the Apes. Its a twist because it was Earth all along. Also a "bad" ending because apes now rule over humans.

Edit by Brendan235 .

I tend to prefer good ending movies, but there are some bad ending movies that I love. I find the end of Brazil by Terry Gilliam (of Monty Python fame) devastating, but it is the perfect ending for the movie. I'm also able to see some positives in the ending even as negative as it is.

Many Americans movies have a happy end but it is always same, the heroes win... It was better if for example in the movie Armageddon, Bruce Willis miss and the world explode.

The only one I like is Infinity War!

In fact, it fairly depends on one’s understanding of bad end 🙃 if by bad end you mean an unwanted and unpredicted end (mostly pretty unusual) I think that they are good. It’s tiring to have the same kind of movies knowing from the beginning that things will get worse and look impossible and when the antagonist is about wining he will start long and meaningless speeches explaining his plan leaving time to the hero to come back, defeat him and save the day 🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s boring to have the same ending all the time so bad ending movies bring something new and interesting that we miss 🙃 it might be good to have some movies with the vilain wining at the end (😆 just for fun)…
Bad ending movies are more realistic; they knocks us and stay in our mind!

I love bad endings! This is more dramatic!

I personally don't mind how it ends but how it leads me to an end.