What are you criteria when choosing a penpal ? Anything and everything

What are you criteria when choosing a penpal ? I am not talking about the plaine and most obvious ones, such as : the language you are hoping to improve, or the country and culture you would like to learn about.
I believe that things have changed over time, our patterns too, I think that we are drawn to other things that appeal to us and make a person a potential penpal, or not, would be good to hear your opinions ! Hopefully I'll get some ! Honesty would be appreciated 🙂

1.Language.
2.Age.
3.Country and culture.

Aside from language and age, I'd say the personality of a person. I'd like a pen pal I could joke around with and get a long with pretty well.

Aside from language and age, I'd say the personality of a person. I'd like a pen pal I could joke around with and get a long with pretty well.
I agree ! Sometimes it just gets boring, if you do not connect with that person, you'd just stop after a couple of messages or a letter or two.

As I can't make friends and don't bother anymore, I just come here for social interactions because I can keep them short. So my criteria doesn't exist?

As I can't make friends and don't bother anymore, I just come here for social interactions because I can keep them short. So my criteria doesn't exist?
I guess haha, thank you for your answer 🙂