Advice ! Everyday life and customs

How do I convince my mom for a personal Instagram account when I turn 13 next August? Some of my friends have since 2020 ie since when they were 10! I use my mums instagram except for posting and following other ppl which I so badly want to do. I'll say things like I'll make my account private, accept follow requests from only ppl I know, not post too much privacy-ruining content and blah blah blah. And also accept all her T&C's like she can have access to my account, if she so wants. My dad wont have a problem with my personal Insta. I so badly want to make reels with my friends, (many of mine do) put Instagram stories and highlights instead of putting WhatsApp statuses (WhatsApp status sucks bro). Any advice on how can I convince her?

Oh and please don't say I'm too young and all those stuff. Like dude it will be 2022 and its the age for social media! This isnt like old times, when we had NO TECH. In the following years, I betcha that even 9-10 year olds will have their own social media accounts. This is the way of the new generation, which people often fail to understand

you go and install create an account and let your mother do the needful but only after you are thirteen. follow me for this
(just search my full name vedang gautam)

uhmm... seeing that I am on Facebook since i was like 5 years old... of course you can join it, if you use it in a good way and not get addicted

That's not a problem, I just need to CONVINCE my mum somehow

How about asking your mom if you can create a joint Instagram account with her where she has access to your account? Then she can check to see how you're using the account and you can show her you are trustworthy to have your own private account. You can also let her know when you do have a private account that you will have her as a friend on the account so that she can see what you are posting.

Being a parent I understand what it's like to be concerned about my kid's safety and I'm pretty sure that is where your mother is coming from. I know my kids would often find ways to show me that they were trustworthy and once they did I was more willing to accept a little more risk in their lives. That isn't to say they didn't abuse my trust at times, but once they did and we found out there were consequences. My sons have grown up to become a doctor and an IT director at a tech company so I think we did a decent job raising them.

This might work @PolyguySJ 🤩🤩🤩
Thank you soooo much muawahhhh 💕

In the past I had a personal account with my patents had access to it.
The first months they've monitored it.
Now they don't, but I had to promise some rules.

Like they can always ask me for access. I report any problems of experiences at them. And not to much personal private stuff

Being a parent, I can tell you that with too many restrictions things will inevitably go underground.

And like you say, you could probably already do that now.

But it's about respect and trust.
Your mother wants you to respect her boundary even when it doesn't match your peers'.

And your mom wants to know she can trust you with that.

That's the real question: how can I get what I want while maintaining the trust my mother has in me.

Honestly, your mother's trust, in the end, is worth so much more than the entire lot of Insta (FB/Meta) stocks, but here's what you can do meanwhile: leave her alone for now, and see if your dad can put in a good word for you 😉 Good luck

Doesn't seem like an easy job now as I think about TRUST
But wait.......

I'll tell her that I won't use it; just show the others/follow my friends that even I have one personal insta 🙂
SORTED !!!!!!!

I'll tell her that I won't use it; just show the others/follow my friends that even I have one personal insta 🙂
SORTED !!!!!!!
why do you need an Instagram account if you’re not going to use it?

Well I want one; and I will use it.
I'll just tell my mum that if she doesn't agree in the first place

If anyone had any other idea; please suggest.

And one more thing -- my mum hates posting private life on social media, she only posts her works. Nothing else