Christmas traditions Everyday life and customs

Hello! Tell me about Chrismas traditions in your country 😃

Hi! In Italy we love decorate the Christmas tree All together on December 13th. But best of all is Christmas day lunch. After opening the gifts left by Santa Claus under the tree, we immediately go to the grandparents to exchange Best wishes with uncles and cousins. When we are all together with we prepare to eat all the typical delicacies such as lasagna, baked potatoes, risotto, seafood salad, meat and ... the desserts ... panettone, pandoro, honey beans, and a lot of chocolate.I can ask that what's important for us in being together and of course ... eat! 🙂

Hi! In China, Christmas is not our holiday. Actually it is even not our festival.December 25th is a normal day for us. We won't have a holiday on Christmas. But if it happens on the weekend, I guess a lot of people will go shopping, because on this day many stores will have discounts.

Some Christmas traditions like spending Christmas gifts, setting Christmas trees are still practiced in China. But they are not really popular.

We call it "Ye Gena beal" in Ethiopia by Amharic.

Hi! In Italy we love decorate the Christmas tree All together on December 13th. But best of all is Christmas day lunch. After opening the gifts left by Santa Claus under the tree, we immediately go to the grandparents to exchange Best wishes with uncles and cousins. When we are all together with we prepare to eat all the typical delicacies such as lasagna, baked potatoes, risotto, seafood salad, meat and ... the desserts ... panettone, pandoro, honey beans, and a lot of chocolate.I can ask that what's important for us in being together and of course ... eat! 🙂

Frandorsi scuoti presunte certezze scientifiche aprendo nuovi mondi. Avevo pensato fossi nordica come i miei parenti acquisiti bresciani. Invece scopro che sei della provincia di Benevento! Merita approfondimento.

For those who are not able to understand Italian and possibly are stuck on English as usual, I thought Frandorsi lived in some areas of north Italy, as people I am living with now. But she is in and area of the south.

Some years ago people in her area of Italy were presumed to celebrate Christmas building the "Presepio" (nativity scene) more than the Christmas tree. And that December 13th as starting celebration day is considered from Scandinavia, where Christmas presents arrive with saint Lucy (who actually is santa Lucia di Siracusa, Sicilia). In some areas in north Italy they celebrate santa Lucia.

I am puzzled.

celebrating Christmas with my family , eating food together and opening the gifts !!!

Hi) I'm Maria.
I'm from Russia, and we celebrate Christmas on the night 6th-7th of January. The Christian holiday of the birth of the Savior coincided with the pagan Christmastide, which is why it is always associated with carols and girlish fortune-telling. Carols and fortune telling are one of the most interesting things in the holiday. Christmas is the beginning of 12 Christmastide days, of which every day was lived cheerfully and beautifully. Christmastide ended with Epiphany (January 18). Snow games are an integral part of Christmas. Sledding, ice skating; modeling a snow woman and a snowman; playing snowballs is happiness. After all, my family and I loved to come home, make cocoa or mulled wine and sing our favorite songs, and watch Soviet cartoons from my grandmother's childhood.
This is my Christmas, and i love it.