Philosophy: What is utopia? Everyday life and customs

Thomas More wrote a book about a dream society: Utopia. But what is an Utopia? Feeel free to philosphize about this topic.

Maybe Utopia is something you can only create for yourself... 🙂

Utopia is a place or a state in which optimism of human mind and bitter nature of mankind, never match. I can't call More's Utopia as a dream society at all since they have sort of "restricted freedom."

So how would you look to an utopia in a Philosophic way. 🙂

So how would you look to an utopia in a Philosophic way. 🙂

In philosophical level, Utopianism, is the dream within a dream. They have a simple tendency to ignore the "individuality" of human beings. I dream and wish for something, and you dream or wish for something else, and an utopian shows up and say that "these are the strict rules of our community, so you have no right other than obeying these rules because we think that these are the best for humanity." This is kind of philosophical "tyranny."

So you think Utopia is a dictatorship, interesting look.

So i think Utopia can be diffrent for everyone. Maybe are the goals we achieve they way to our own private Utopia.

So you think Utopia is a dictatorship, interesting look.

So i think Utopia can be diffrent for everyone. Maybe are the goals we achieve they way to our own private Utopia.

Unfortunately it can not be "private" but shared only. After all, Utopia is a set of strict rules to achieve the perfect society or community.

But I don't refer to the book. In daily language Utopia is also used to refer to a ideal.

But I don't refer to the book. In daily language Utopia is also used to refer to a ideal.

''In his original work, More carefully pointed out the similarity of utopia to eutopia, which is from Greek: εὖ (“good” or “well”) and τόπος (“place”), hence eutopia means “good place”, which ostensibly would be the more appropriate term for the concept the word “utopia” has in modern English. ''

as taken from the wikipedia article on Utopia, section Ethymology. literally, utopia would mean something like 'non-place'

The word refers "an ideal commonwealth whose inhabitants exist under seemingly perfect conditions. Hence utopian and utopianism are words used to denote visionary reform that tends to be impossibly idealistic." The key and crucial phrase is " impossibly idealistic."

Actually the word has been derived from " οὐ" and "τόπος" which could be translated as "non land" since "οὐ" gives the word negative aspect in Ancient Greek.

Utopia is life in Poland. At least that's what politicians think here...