πŸ“ School assignment - Cabinet and ministers Politics and governments

Hi everybody! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

We have finished at school the last test week but we still have to go to school and we have assignments. But it is not for grades anymore.

So now we have an assignment about the new cabinet in our country. And we have to write about the new ministers and secretaries.πŸ§‘β€βœˆοΈπŸ‘©β€πŸ’ΌπŸ€΅β€β™€οΈπŸ€΅β€β™€οΈπŸ€΅β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©β€βš–οΈ And we also have a prime minister and a king but he does not do much in the government. πŸ‘‘πŸ«…πŸ€΄

But I want also write if that is the same in other countries. Or do you have differences maybe? If you help that is really nice!! But can you also say which country you speak about?

So for example:

- Do you have a cabinet with ministers and secretaries in your country?
- Who is the main person from the government? Is that the prime minister?
- Who chooses the ministers and prime minister? The voters or the parties that are elected the biggest parties?
- Do you have a king and does he do much in politics or not?

Thank you very much!!! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Edited by Yue_ .

The Cabinet in the US has the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments. The Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General. We have a president but he doesn't get referred to as a king. Usually or supposably we the people the voters vote for our president and our cabinet members etc etc. but I don't feel out votes even really make an difference the u.s is full of deception and miss information. It's a free slave country in my opinion. But let's not get into that.

The Cabinet in the US has the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments. The Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General. We have a president but he doesn't get referred to as a king. Usually or supposably we the people the voters vote for our president and our cabinet members etc etc. but I don't feel out votes even really make an difference the u.s is full of deception and miss information. It's a free slave country in my opinion. But let's not get into that.

Thank you very much Drewdown!! πŸ™πŸ™ That is very helpful!! But can I ask two questions: so you said you have in the cabinet secretaries but not ministers? We have secretaries but they are the helpers of the ministers. So maybe it is the same but the name is different.

And my second question: who chooses the secretaries? Is that the biggest party? Thank you!! πŸ™‚ 😊

Edited by Yue_ .

Secretaries and ministers fall basically in the same bracket and they are appointed by the president I do believe.

Thank you Drew that is very good information!! So ministers in my country is the same as secretaries in your country. πŸ™‚ But I think in my country the biggest parties choose the ministers in the cabinet not the president. So that is different! πŸ™‚