Should we accept other peoples opinion? Politics and governments

In the past few months I realized that there are many people who think only their opinion is the right solution. ( Yes, I'm speaking about corona) So my question is: Should we accept other peoples opinion in such situations?

Opinion is just opinion. It can be problem just when there are decisions coming behind this opinion.

So, depends of Your opinion, it may be another topic where we will argue about what should we agree or disagree about governments decisions.

I suppose You are refering to something like masks or vaccines. And the answer - if we should accept someone's choice or not - should be based on objective informations and logical conclusions as much as it is possible. But is it?

Here, in my country, there is no debate about things like vaccines or masks. We have only one side of topic, as main narration in main media. Doctors with different statements than the only right, are laughting down and censored.

And Your question is, I think, also aimed at one group. Because one group want freedom of choose, and not forcing anyone to anything, and the other group is saying: "Hey, wear the mask and take the vaccine, or we will die and it will be your fault!".

So, like I said, I believe it's matter of decisions behind opinions, and opinions as trigger of decisions and behaviour. Just opinion, in itself, are nothing big. But too often it's the reason to make a move. In so serious topics, it should be science and logic.

Edit by Oxiu .

You should always accept an individual's right to an opinion, 🙂 that is my opinion.

It doesn't have to mean you agree.
For me it means you respect the human being, the free will they were born with and the cognition with with which they reason when they dis-/agree with you.

And this is most hard in sensitive topics like these.

Ultimately force tends to apply the norm to everyone, but it doesn't necessarily alter that person's opinion.

The mind is a thing of marvel:
https://youtu.be/x_cYvIXBZWk