Africa - Corona Politics and governments

Is Africa far behind in vaccination? Is it because the governments there are corrupt?

Die gleiche Frage könntest du für Deutschland auch stellen! Lach!

What cliché is that ? Who told you that all governments in Africa are corrupt ? The media?
As a person that lived in Africa and in the Western countries, in terms of corruption of governments, they are at the same level or even the westerns are more corrupt.
What you should know is that Corona is behind Africa since a long time, so vaccination isn't their first priority right now.
Africa is composed of 54 different countries so it's not a country as your question may imply.

What cliché is that ? Who told you that all governments in Africa are corrupt ? The media?
As a person that lived in Africa and in the Western countries, in terms of corruption of governments, they are at the same level or even the westerns are more corrupt.
What you should know is that Corona is behind Africa since a long time, so vaccination isn't their first priority right now.
Africa is composed of 54 different countries so it's not a country as your question may imply.
I have thougth the as you! We here in Germany have a great corruption-scandal because of corona and our vaccination-system is ill! Greetings!

I have thougth the as you! We here in Germany have a great corruption-scandal because of corona and our vaccination-system is ill! Greetings!

Danke für Ihre Kommentare! Das gleich mit Frankreich. I can't tell you the number of politicians that were judged and condamned in the past few years for Corruption. Even the ex President Nicolas Sarkozy was condamned for 2 or 3 years of jail few months ago. In Germany, I think that even if there is corruption, the situation is better than in France. Wünsche Ihnen einen schönen Tag!

Das sagen die Afrikaner in den YouTube Kommentaren

weil YouTube Kommentare auch eine so gute Quelle sind -

Bessere als hier.

Bessere als hier.

Das ist relativ.

Here's a map of vaccination rates around the world from the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

I would say that the main reason that African nations have low vaccination rates is because they do not have a lot of extra money to purchase the vaccines for their people. Part of it may be due to corruption, but I think a bigger reason is that African nations often don't have economies that get a lot of money from the most wealthy countries outside of Africa.

I am also ignorant enough about Africa to not know how much African nations have their economies affected by the pandemic. I don't know how widespread activities affected here in the United States (going to the movies, going to the gym, going to restaurants and bars, travelling by plane, etc...) are part of a bulk of the county's activities. So there may be less incentive for rapid vaccination in African countries because the economy isn't affected as much as it is here.