Democracy in the world Politics and governments

Hi i'd like to hear your guys opinion about how the modern day governments implement "Democracy"

I'm not sure of the situation in other countries but in Romania, even 23 years after the communist regime fell, the actual 'democracy' is "made" by the old important communist people, on communist principles. They just call it democracy because unlike before '89 you can now curse the president if you want or go abroad whenever you wish (wow!).

I keep wondering myself I will live to see pure democracy (not 100% - that's an utopia - but closer to its definition) implemented in my country.

The term "Democracy" comes from "Demos" which means People and "Krateo" which means Rule.
So it means "The people rule"
Actually what i see happening is that we can "choose" a president once in a few years and this "Chosen" government does things which the people dont support so actually the people are not ruling themselves. so instead of like a king in the early days of civilization which did what he liked. Now 50-150 people do what they want 🙁

The term "Democracy" comes from "Demos" which means People and "Krateo" which means Rule.
Actually what i see happening is that we can "choose" a president once in a few years and this "Chosen" government does things which the people dont support so actually the people are not ruling themselves. so instead of like a king in the early days of civilization which did what he liked. Now 50-150 people do what they want 🙁
Exactly, the "chosen" should act in our interest, not in theirs.

Somewhere on the internet I saw a picture that said something like: "democracy = people are allowed to choose their own dictators". Well that may be true at some point although it is quite a generalized definition.
Here in finland they announce we have freedom of speech which is a part of democracy. But still it seems like not every opinion is allowed to be said aloud. For example, if somebody sees that refugees and immigrants are some kind of problem and they cause only trouble for the country and tells (or tries to) this in public, he will get 'a racist'- stamp and face authority, although he just wants to say his opinion on the issue because thats democracy, huh.
(I'm not sure if any of you understood what I'm trying to say.)

Democraty is a wide word! In fact, according to me, democraty depend on what people think democraty is. At school I learned that democraty was "The power of population, by population and for population" Abraham Lincoln but in the real life it's not! We just choose our representants, sometimes they are doing things for population other time they are not! They can't satisfy everybody... for sure but they have to, they are obliged however it's not what we are seeing! In my country, it's said that democraty consist of: regular election of representant, good governance, I've fogotten others one but in practise it's not. I mean all those criteria are applied but the power of the president is incredible. He is almost like god! He own all powers: executive, parliamentarial* & judicial one! He's the one who nominated magistrate, ministers and all big state administrators. They fear him, he's the one talking, he's the one doing almost everything. If you are not with him, you are seen as an opposant and treat that way... Do you think it's still democraty?? Yep it is, according to UN and others organisations...

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” Thomas Jefferson

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right” Henry Louis Mencken

Unfortunately,Its the same in India too.Here In the name of Government & Politics,The politicians are just making money but doing very less for the development of the country.They are just exploiting us in the name of serving the people : :hmm:

STUPID topic!! what's so called "democracy" ? there is no such kind of this thing in the world. All are for the power: the power of governing the people. No matter what's kind of country are you in, the things the government to do is governing their people. Just bcz the way is different, that makes some different governing name: so called democracy, so called autocratic and so on are just the way and the method of governing!!

In the western country and America, the governing way is much more clever as their government use the democracy. But in fact, under this democracy is a huge lie. Why? bcz the money and the currency control the everything which from very a few huge bankers and finance groups.

Is anybody think that US. prisident is really elected by the people ? That a joke!! It has been arranged by the bankers or finance groups already befor the election war happans.

A conuntry has no its own money issue power while is controled in the hand of a few international bankers and finance groups, you guys think this kind of country has "democracy"????? Unfortunately, there are lots of countries are so it is, especially in US, a country which is thought the best democracy example in the world.

In fact, there is no democracy in the USA. All people are slaves under Federal Reserve System, which not a really goverment org. but just a very good friend with goverment. Is them and their money that control the slaves. Those bankers and finance group boss just are the King of the Money Country. They play the election game picking up the man so called prisident to govern the nation standing for their profits with a very nice flag called "democracy". Two parties, all people voted and so on just are the playing show directed by the money whose host is banker and financer... ...

well, so much talking. Really is no so called democracy in the world. Just the governing way is different. So you guys, especially guys from western and America, you must know something about your country. Do not be cheated by your government and its banker or financers friends. If you want democracy really, the first thing is ask the goverment get back the power of issuing and printing the money, then building your won real center bank!! THIS IS THE BASIC OF MODERN DEMOCRACY.

STUPID topic!! what's so called "democracy" ? there is no such kind of this thing in the world. All are for the power: the power of governing the people. No matter what's kind of country are you in, the things the government to do is governing their people. Just bcz the way is different, that makes some different governing name: so called democracy, so called autocratic and so on are just the way and the method of governing!!

In the western country and America, the governing way is much more clever as their government use the democracy. But in fact, under this democracy is a huge lie. Why? bcz the money and the currency control the everything which from very a few huge bankers and finance groups.

Is anybody think that US. prisident is really elected by the people ? That a joke!! It has been arranged by the bankers or finance groups already befor the election war happans.

A conuntry has no its own money issue power while is controled in the hand of a few international bankers and finance groups, you guys think this kind of country has "democracy"????? Unfortunately, there are lots of countries are so it is, especially in US, a country which is thought the best democracy example in the world.

In fact, there is no democracy in the USA. All people are slaves under Federal Reserve System, which not a really goverment org. but just a very good friend with goverment. Is them and their money that control the slaves. Those bankers and finance group boss just are the King of the Money Country. They play the election game picking up the man so called prisident to govern the nation standing for their profits with a very nice flag called "democracy". Two parties, all people voted and so on just are the playing show directed by the money whose host is banker and financer... ...

well, so much talking. Really is no so called democracy in the world. Just the governing way is different. So you guys, especially guys from western and America, you must know something about your country. Do not be cheated by your government and its banker or financers friends. If you want democracy really, the first thing is ask the goverment get back the power of issuing and printing the money, then building your won real center bank!! THIS IS THE BASIC OF MODERN DEMOCRACY.

Great words! It is a pity that it is understood only in countries where it was or is communism.

There is no democracy anywhere. In all the major "democratic" countries actually fascism. There is NO democracy. And was not. Because either people live well and they need no democracy, or they live worse and they come up with. The difference between Hitler and the United States - only in the apperance. Only citizens of Germany knew that not a democracy, and citizens of the USA do not know.

I couldn't read these ways of thinking all rather negative without saying my opinion. I hope my bad English is enough clear.

Of course there is no perfect democracy . It's effectively impossible to have a government that represent the opinion of each citizen. But I think strongly that there is governments more or less democratic . For me the system of government of North Korea it's not the same as south Korea and one is surely more democratic than the other. I believe it's absolutely possible to grade each system of government on the planet according to some objective criterions as : Presence of several politics party, right to contest the leaders, freedom of the press, censure , turnover of the elites, numbers of politics prisoners , independence of justice, freedom of manifestation, freedom of creating associations, freedom of circulation access to the education, human rights and what kind of other government they help, etc...., and so obtain a classification of the democracy rate.

Democracy is something fragile and unstable that contains in itself the seeds of its own destruction because it respects all the opinions even the more antidemocratic. It's often in a democracy where stronger protest concerning the lack of liberty are heard , but in others country only a few has the courage to express a different opinion from the power because they risk their freedom or their life. I don't remember exactly who said something like that: I'm absolutely against your opinion but I'm ready to fight to you have the right to say it. this man was for me a big democrat. I'm aware of the problems of the different lobbies financial, industrial or religious influence the decision of the citizen for voting and the waste of time and efficiency that represent democracy. But for the moment there is no better system in spite that democracy produce politicians first gifted to make promises and please to the electors. I'm practically sure that people who critic publicly the more their own country live in the more democratic country.
For me the bases of a modern democracy are certainly not founded on a national central bank, a dictatorship too can have a strong central bank . the first base is to vote regularly and to have choice of candidate of different opinions when you vote. After that of course , it's not a certitude of happiness in the country.

-----i will answere every § with ---- befor writting.
------did you take informations about why every governement use power like that? i think it comes from History and culture

------in usa, copagnies that give more money are more represented.
-------in france, french vote against someone, not for someone or against something, not for something , because blank vote ------isn t recognized. as such. in france lobbies try to put pressure on governement to create law for their mafias but, citizen ------go in the street to say "No Ways"

---allready answered.

------this best democracy give warranty about citizen right but only usa citizen. you are canadian, mexican, no warranty about ----your rights. in france, every human has the warranty of rights whatever his/her origins. in the usa, you have to proove that ----you are innocent. or you shall be put in jail as gulty. in france, police has to proove that you are guilty...
---- if you lie to a policeman it is include in the survey process. in the usa, if you lie to the policeman you shall be punished -----because you lied over the bible... it is written on dollars "in god we trust"... i think it is a wild democracy, a jungle where ----you can die 5 time a day.

-----it is true (in the usa)

Great words! It is a pity that it is understood only in countries where it was or is communism.

---in usa federal bank can print more dollars because usa finance its own debt
---in france, when euros are printed, euros get weaker, depending on the goldstock. for 1€ there is less gold to keep in ---balance and the new stock of euros goes to private banks

There is no democracy anywhere. In all the major "democratic" countries actually fascism. There is NO democracy. And was not. Because either people live well and they need no democracy, or they live worse and they come up with. The difference between Hitler and the United States - only in the apperance. Only citizens of Germany knew that not a democracy, and citizens of the USA do not know.

---- you are comparing 2 nations usa and germany but in 2 differents moments in History and you can t do that... it is non ----sens...

-----whatever, every human system are under feodality, your boss is your "suzerin" (in french) and you are his / her "vassal"
---- (still in french)

-----see you soon

Salam alaykoum

There is no democracy in the world ...JUST cinema

Where is the democracy in Somalia in Afghanistan ......

if you want to undertund the world today, you have to use your both eyes and then you'll understund the world of oppression

When will people understand that communism and democracy are the same thing… like two sides of the same coin…

Except there shouldn’t be a coin…

and that implies both currently don’t exist, nowhere.