What was the last book you read? What book are you currently reading? English

I'm very curious about the reading habits of penpal-gate users. 😃

I was quite curious about this myself. You raced me to creating the thread, however 🙂
These days I am reading Haruki Murakami's 'Norwegian Wood'.
After discovering 'Sputnik Sweetheart' and 'South of the Border, West of the Sun' and thoroughly enjoying them I decided to read more from this wonderful writer. I have plans to read all his famous works first and then go into the lesser known, less famous novels of his.
'Norwegian Wood' is an amazing book that is somehow very similar to the previous two when it comes to the overall atmosphere of the book and also the portrayal of the characters is ~so~ Murakami style - not very ambitious but with a certain talent, quiet and even somewhat reclusive, suffering and over-thinking. I love this type of characters so when I am reading Murakami's books I truly enjoy.

As for the last book I read... it is Da Vinci's Code. It took me years to finally get a wish to read it but I'm glad I waited because if I read it when I was younger and knew less on the topic I wouldn't have understood some things inside. But now I do and it was a great read. It taught me a lot. 🙂~

I'm reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk in English (I'm Spanish, so...it's a kind of challenge for me xD) I have not finished it yet, but I saw the film, I'm kind of obsessed with it.
I really like the way it's written, all is like being in his head, his thoughts. You can find there a lot of truths about life...he describes our society as it is...a mess XD and offers to you a new vision, a new way of looking at life, a new way of living it.
It's pretty amazing

So...that's it xD I hope you find my contribution good enough 😁

I was reading Une vie from Maupassant, and now I am reading a book about ancient Greek's history for my studies which beginn next week! 🙂

Therefore.. I'm reading the J.R.R Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit" in italian, but i'd like to read it in english one day! I was reading too "The lord of the rings", but I still have not finished it, (i't big, SO BIG, and as soon as u have freetime i try to finish it..), I want to learn too some bukowski and nietzsche' s operas..
I'm a reader in growth! big_smile
ahaha, have a nice day!

I finished ''The life before us'' (orginally ''La vie devant soi'') by Emil Ajar two days ago, and despite it's not written in poetical or delighting way, it describes really wonderful and wise story. And today I'm going to begin reading ''The life of Pi'' by Yann Martel. 🙂

I'm reading "a long way down" by Hornby, cause it's written in an easy english and the story it's quite simple to follow even for a foreign speaker. 🙂 In italian I'm reading an Asimov's book

camp 14- tells about man who escaped from North Korean ''prison'' or something. so sad and true story :c

The last book I read was "The Idiot" by Dostoevskij. Now I'm reading "Amorino" by Isabella Santacroce. It tells about the stories of six people in a village near London (Minster Lovell) where two twins arrive: Albertina e Annetta, two of the six people. These twins inherit a cottage in Minster Lovell after their mysterious parents death.
Wonderful, but I don't think the book's being translated in other language from italian.

The two last books I read were « Novecento » by Alessandro Baricco (In French, sorry), and « Between » by Jessica Warman. I’m actually reading « Le Père Goriot » from Balzac. 🙂

Last I read - it is work of the linguist A.Dragunkina "5 sensations ."
Now I read the book " Russia , which was not " A.Bushkova . The author questions the official story.

Edit by Jukka .

I read ''Like the Flowing River'' paulo coelho ..shear on French language 🙂

I'm reading an italian book called "Se questo è un uomo", written by Primo Levi. The narrator speaks about his imprisonment in the concentration and extermination camp of Auschwitz... I'm reading this one because in two weeks i will leave to Germany, to visit this camp! (with my school)
the last one it was "Memoirs of a Geisha", written by Arthur Golden. This is amazing!

Edit by SimonaC .

I just read the book "Stones for the Rampart". It's by Aleksander Kamiński and it's about the second world war. I was crying reading it. This is really sad, but really good book. the most incredible thing is that everything in this book is fact. And know I'm reading the last of the famous Arthur Conan Doyle's series - "The casebook of Sherlock Holmes". I have already read 3 stories and it's good. There's something different in thet one - the narrator is not Watson, but Holmes himself! I recommend those 2 books to everybody.

I'm reading an italian book called "Se questo è un uomo", written by Primo Levi. The narrator speaks about his imprisonment in the concentration and extermination camp of Auschwitz... I'm reading this one because in two weeks i will leave to Germany, to visit this camp! (with my school)
the last one it was "Memoirs of a Geisha", written by Arthur Golden. This is amazing!
:tank
Aushwitz is in Poland. In Oświęcim.

I was reading the book "Collected writings of Henrik Wergeland" Bind 1/Part 1. He is a Norwegian writer. Right now I'm reading one of Sigrid Undsets books "Kristin Lavrandsdatter" (The Wife) 🙂

Currently I am reading Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther" because I need it for school. I warmly recommend it for those who like to read really intense and beautiful descriptions of nature and also those who love reading about people's inner feelings.
I however decided that it is not a book of my preference.

Last book I read was Victor Hugo's "The Miserable" ~ again, I was not impressed by it because of it's expanse and general confusion but it was an useful book to read.

Next I will be reading Lord Byron.

:tank
Aushwitz is in Poland. In Oświęcim.
ahah you have reason, but my travel was to Germany (Dachau), and then we went to auschwitz!! Mea culpa, I didn't specify lol1