Musicals all over the world - your favourite ones! Films, music, TV

Hi 🙂
I'm going to Paris in September and as I was looking for some nice musicals opening in Paris, I came up with this topic.
Do you go and watch musicals? What are your favourite ones?
I wish that in Poland there were more musicals. Like 'Phantom of The Opera' or 'Wicked' - they have versions all over the world. The only 'famous' musical I've managed to see in Poland was 'Oliver!' (my friend starred at it that's how i got to know about it) and I really liked it - so why there aren't more?
One of my favourite musicals I've seen live (however it was German version in Vienna) is 'Spring Awakening' - anybody seen it too?

I like watching musicals! I've never seen 'Spring Awakening' but I saw 'Notre Dame de Paris', 'Les Dix', and I like opera 'Le Nozze Di Figaro'. 'Notre Dame de Paris' was veeeery impressive! And same as Korea : many people like watching it but France is too far, I like Korean ver. but I'd like to see original once. 🙂

Oh yes! I watched Notre Dame of Paris recently!! I'm a big fan of it 😃 I liked the book very much
But it was the first musical I've ever seen in which there were songs only - no spoken text.

The Lion Kingg...on Broadway<3 and Mary Poppinsss

aff aff

Life is Beautiful.it is really a great movie

Agh, I can't choose! But I suppose my top 5 would be 'Phantom of the Opera', 'Miss Saigon', 'Les Mis', 'South Pacific' and 'Wicked'. And don't even get me started on operas. Carmen is ah-mazing.
EDIT: Starlight Express is pretty awesome too.

Edit by Chloe_NiB .

I love the musical "The Sound of Music"
(:

Phantom Of The Opera is just amazing *.* <3

Oh yes! I watched Notre Dame of Paris recently!! I'm a big fan of it 😃 I liked the book very much
But it was the first musical I've ever seen in which there were songs only - no spoken text.
Oh, yes. I like Notre Dame de Paris vary much too) It's perfect!

My favourite musicals are Les Miserables and "Taniec Wampirów". It's an austrian musical, based on Polański's movie "The fearless vampire killers". In german it's Tanz Der Vampire, maybe someone has seen that? I love it! I like Cats, the Phantom of course too, but "TW" it's my favourite of all 🙂 I really recommend you to listen to the polish version of songs!

I want to see the Lion King, as this is my beloved movie from my childhood!

Edit by anuszka .

My favourite musical is "Hair" 🙂

I like Ciske De Rat, that's from Holland. I don't think that other country have it too. For the second place have I seen Dirty Dancing. (I have seen more, but those two are my favourites)

I like Mylene Farmer from France