How does the world view us Americans English

We are not that bad of a people.

Most of us are kind and smile.

It seems though our leaders feel we need to push our ideas a beliefs on others.

We are all not arrogant or fat! 🙂

We smile and love too.

How are we really viewed by the world?

Edit by ricbarrett1 .

Exactly, I was talking to a guy from England and the first thing he asked me us if I was fat!!

it seems like most like to stereotype everybody find the same over here for other countries sure wish we could fix this how come we all cant just talk it over and get these things fixed?

i don't know about fat or arrogant people...but a recent study revealed that 85% of americans don't know where is Romania on the map.

true but sad.

Oh I love Americans. I love America. There is nothing wrong with being an American? Be proud of it! 😃 I wish I was one.

This is my fundamental question why would you?

I hear people say our streets are paved with gold and I go to other countries and see wonderful people and smiling faces and wish I were there?

"americans" must not forget that america is basically nothing but europe+africa ...true americans are the natives which unfortunately are in small number now.

It's really unfortunate that most people seem to see the US as having lots of fat people and the country being filled up with fast-food restaurants such as Burger King and McDonald's. But it's also the country of Hollywood and film stars and that's where you go if you want to be famous. I think the arrogance that people have mentioned as being typically American is partly due to the way the people speak English (the intonation sounds slightly 'cocky' to some).

By the way, this is not my view of the Americans, I'm just citing the stereotypes I usually hear. Personally I'm very interested in the US and would like to travel there some time 🙂

But it's also the country of Hollywood and film stars and that's where you go if you want to be famous.
See ? This is a stereotype.

...indeed, but if uve ever seen the video supersize me, you would know why america is a very obese country

i know that "america" is a fat "country" but that doesn't make all the americans fat you know...

exactly

Hold it! I am NOT fat. Lol.
Its true that some Americans are obese but many other countries have obese people also.

But I Am curious as to why America has such an appeal to Europeans or other people from other countries...

But I Am curious as to why America has such an appeal to Europeans or other people from other countries...
I think it's mainly the fact that the majority of famous people (e.g. film stars, singers) come from there and at least in Europe you tend to see a lot of American programmes and American films. The USA has such an impact on people's lives also politically (the election of Obama was such a big thing all over the world, you could hardly expect that kind of publicity if it was about pretty much any other country).

I think it's mainly the fact that the majority of famous people (e.g. film stars, singers) come from there and at least in Europe you tend to see a lot of American programmes and American films. The USA has such an impact on people's lives also politically (the election of Obama was such a big thing all over the world, you could hardly expect that kind of publicity if it was about pretty much any other country).
True. I understand.
Someone once told me that it was difficult for some European people to grasp how large our country really is, because a lot of European countries are small...

Hold it! I am NOT fat. Lol.

because most of them think that USA is the land of milk and honey , and because they think a bigger country is a better country.

Huhu, I'm french and I like USA, americans don't think like europeans, and you've got wonderful landscape, you cities are so big and so diffrent from ours in Europe. That's what I like in this country 😁

I think american dream always exists